Saturday, August 6, 2016

Breakfast on Siesta Key Beach

The first part of June, early one morning I headed to Siesta Key Beach. I stopped at a bagel place, picked up a toasted bagel and OJ, then head to the beach to eat my breakfast.  I love doing this. 

Then I spent a couple of hours walking the beach looking to take pictures of shore birds.
The first thing on the beach that greeted me was a CRAB !

 
 
I walked way down the beach and found to my delight this HUGE tidal pool. There must have been at least 8 different species of birds. There were quite a few Spoonbills.  The sky was a brilliant blue that reflected quite nicely in the tidal pool. I watched and took pictures.  I thought I'd share these.
 
 
 
 
Spoonbills are one of my favorite birds.  Here are a couple of images I took of Spoonbills in different places. 
 
This image I took at Merritt Island. The wind was blowing and all of sudden this Spoonbill's feathers flipped over!
 
Often in the Spring I visit the Alligator Farm up in St. Augustine.  This Spoonbill was standing practically in front of me and allowed me the privilege of taking his pictures.  I love the colors on Spoonbills. See how the colors just blend into each other!
 
 
Have a wonderful Saturday.  
"Keep close to nature's heart."  (John Muir)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment